Friday, February 26, 2010

Bucket List No. 44

If you haven't watch the movie The Bucket List with Morgan Freeman then it's the lists of things that you want to do before you die. I read a quote once; "Make your goals in a way that they make you shiver"
Well people have wild crazy dreams, but I'm crazy enough to make it come true, even if it's risking my life, so on to number 44 !!!

44. Climb and watch the sunrise/sunset from the top of one of the highest mountain in Indonesia.

Semeru is the highest point in Java island, it's 3.676 m above sea level.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tt40aCArtJI
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W9WM2sMs5Bc

A friend who is pretty experienced finally have time to guide me there but even he is worried cos he said I'm a beginner. Well last time I went on a very steep trekking track to a very secluded Baduy village and I made it. There were landslide 2 hours prior our arrival so we had to take a rounding track, but the thought it can rain anytime and we will be swept by landslide was constantly haunting us. It was tense so it's not my first time also to be in life risking situation.

It's rainy season so maybe the SAR won't let us climb up anyway, too dangerous. I'm not sure if I could too, but if I could I think I'd cry when I can make it. If not then next time.
One of famous activist died on top of it (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Soe_Hok_Gie#Notes)from the poisonous gas, that should be an honor to be there of if I die there :p

It's gonna be -5 C in the morning and I don't have jacket, special pant, gloves, headlamp and mask. We'll see if we work something out, in Indonesia people don't care so much haha...it's gonna be 1,5 to 2 weeks journey, cos we will try 2 other mountains, but I'm thinking to go to a secluded island and tried the Cast Away thing lol. I hope being used to live in Furtwangen will help me on breathing in such a high altitude haha...but I'm mostly worried to be a burden since I'm the only girl :/

so I'll close this blog with 2 great quotes, love this;

"Now I see the secret of the making of the best person. It is to grow in the open air and to eat and sleep with the earth".

"A Greek philosopher once wrote ... The best fate is that of the unborns, the second one is that of those born yet die young, and the worst is that of those who die in the old age. I feel that this is right: Happy are those who die young."

Sorry when I was a bitch :p but deep inside I'm sincere, I love you guys.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home